Saturday 2 April 2011

A trip to Oxfam's Curiosity shop

Even the retro pouffe seats make a trip to the pop up shop worthwile.





It wasn't just the clothes I spent my hard earned pennies on.


An iconic Disney aaron cardi, takes me back to holidays in Orlando as a child.






Vintage leather handbags and an array of patterned jackets are up for grabs at the ten day event.


I fell in love with this wrap purple dress with padded shoulders and who could not?

Has anyone told Kate she can buy her wedding dress at the Oxfam Curiosity shop for less than half the price of her bespoke designer gown?

The most beautful party dress with a beaded bodice and turquoise skirt, now for a grand occassion? All invitations welcome.





Oxfam's retro home section with picnic hampers, a dial telephone, lps, SLR camera lenses, a wireless radio and prints.

The celeb donations hub where you can learn about the individual pieces and their famous history on screen by zapping garments using Oxfam's unique gadget.  Now that's what I call getting an education whilst shopping.


Gina shoes for less than £100 WOW. I even spotted a DKNY jacket for around £50.


John Hannah's leather jacket


A rose printed bandeau dress donated by Scarlett Johanson


Matt Lucas' Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles tee. I can just imagine him in this whilst rehearsing scenes with comic partner David Walliams.


VV Brown's dress

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Nice write-up and great pictures. Thanks for visiting.

    (told you I'd check it out).

    Mike
    From the Curiosity Shop

    ReplyDelete