Monday 4 April 2011

Model behaviour for the Vote my Style comp


 For once, I agreed to be in front of the camera last Friday to be primped and preened for Westfield London Shopping centre's Vote my Style bloggers competition, part of their Big Wardrobe event. See result above.

I spend hours deliberating on my outfit, the brief- a wining Spring/Summer outfit. I went for a seventies meets cowgirl look. (FYI- my floral printed palazzo trousers are from Primark, minus a few inches courtesy of my alterations lady, the fringed crochet top is Topshop, clog boots- River Island and fringed bag-H&M.)

Then I was left in the capable hands of one of the Make-Up Store’s make-up artists who persuaded me to try a berry lip colour and bronze eyeshadow, daring for this fashionista who normally avoids traditional eyeshadows like the plague. I also managed to pick up some beauty tips, for bold lip colours always line with a pencil and the bigger the features the more daring you can be.

My hair was the creation of one of Toni&Guy's young stylists, who seemed fearful when I told him I was hoping for a top knot. This led to a role reversal, me teaching a hairdresser how to create a catwalk worthy up do, clearly I missed my calling in life?

I have to say that when it came to the photo shoot, I was distracted by the charismatic photographer, despite him being intent on me holding some awkward poses in five inch plus heels- try a day in my shoes, and my love for his mega digital SLR camera. A pre-Christmas present maybe?

This is where I should argue my case to be voted the winner, decide for yourself- http://londonfashion.westfield.com/profiles/2



No comments:

Post a Comment