Monday 17 January 2011

A weekend in Sheffield

University town-Sheffield has lots to offer fashionistas whatever their style, as I found out when I spent the weekend there.

For vintage boutiques galore visit Divison Street and West Street, located just behind the high street, where the shop assistants are falling over themselves to help you, and you can get one off pieces for less than the price of a cooked breakfast.

Cow, 156-160 West Street, is a vintage shoppers paradise, with two floors dedicated to fashions from the fifties through to the eighties, and with prices starting at £10 you can get a lot for your money. If you are willing to really take the time to look you can get some great pieces. I purchased a lemon jumpsuit, petite size, and a stripe shirt for less than £30, and that's at the more expensive end of the scale.



I was instantly welcomed at Freshmans by a member of staff who took an interest in my attire, yes I was one very proud five foot two fashionista.
Despite the name sounding like a convenience store, Freshmans on Carver Street has a wide choice of stock with collections that are much quirkier than your average vintage boutique. A jumper with polar bears took my fancy, along with the men's patterned jerseys.


Another favourite haunt, I soon discovered, was The Forum, a bar come restaurant come independent shopping street, with the likes of Flock, voted one of the top vintage stores in the country, and a cool tatto parlour.  If you are looking for cute, hand-made and second hand jewellery this is the place to come. On the weekend that I visited the store was selling scrabble necklaces, chunky gold bracelets, artifical flower rings and quirky charm necklaces.




After hours touring Sheffield's vintage stores I did some window shopping in the High Street, which has all your big name stores including Topshop, H&M, River Island, then sat down to a Milkshake at Mad Cow along Chapel Walk, mmmm.





No comments:

Post a Comment